Phantom 4 Pro
4K Video, 4 Directions of Collision Avoidance
Notify me when back in stock
- Uprated 1" CMOS Exmor R 20M Sensor
- Mechanical Shutter
- Avoid obstacles automatically in 4 directions.
- Track moving subjects automatically using ActiveTrack.
- TapFly lets you fly with a tap of the finger.
- Draw lets you fly a path drawn on the screen
- Smart Return Home allows the Phantom 4 Pro to avoid obstacles as it returns home.
- 30 minute maximum flight time, maximum control range of 7km.
- Maximum speed of 72kmh.
- Integrated gimbal for greater camera stability and smoother footage.
- Optimized Vision Positioning System raises positioning altitude up to 10 meters.
Why read when you can watch and be inspired by the capabilities of the Phantom 4 Pro
DJI - Introducing the Phantom 4 Pro
DJI - Phantom 4 Pro - Sharper Vision
DJI - Phantom 4 Pro - Hawaiian Lava
- 1. What are the main differences between the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro?
The Phantom 4 Pro redefines the iconic Phantom series, bringing imaging and intelligence to new heights. Its uprated camera shoots 4K/60fps at a bitrate of 100Mbps and stills up to 20-megapixels, creating dramatically better images. The FlightAutonomy system adds dual rear vision sensors and two Time of Flight range imaging cameras for a total of 5 directions of obstacle sensing with a range of up to 30m in all directions. The upgraded Lightbridge HD video transmission system offers an extended maximum transmission range of 4.3mi (7km) and also enables you to switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. It can also be used with an optional integrated monitor for even more reliable transmission. Operators are also further empowered with a new suite of ActiveTrack and TapFly functions. The aircraft’s Intelligent Flight Battery also have increased capacity by 520mAh to enable an extended flight time of 30 minutes.
- 2. Which Micro SD cards are supported?
Currently supported Micro SD cards are:
Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDHC;
Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDXC;
Panasonic 32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC;
Panasonic 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC;
Samsung PRO 32GB UHS-1 MicroSDHC;
Samsung PRO 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC;
Samsung PRO 128GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC;
- 1. What is new about the Phantom 4 Pro’s camera?
The Phantom 4 Pro camera is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor and has a manually adjustable aperture from F2.8 to F11. It also supports auto focus by half-pressing the shutter button, and has a focus range, from 1m to infinity. Always refocus before capturing additional shots in the event that the subject has moved beyond the focus point. Focus at infinity if the subject is over 98ft (30m) away. Refocusing is also needed when switching from close shots to long shots during recording.
- 2. What advantages does the Phantom 4 Pro have for shooting video?
The Phantom 4 Pro is able to record UHD 4K (4096X2160) at 60fps, at a maximum bitrate of 100Mbps using the H.264 codec and also supports H.265. It also allows you to capture still images while filming. The Phantom 4 Pro camera’s sensor is also larger than before, ensuring clearer images.
- 3. What is the resolution and format of the photos captured while recording video?
Photos will be captured as JPEG in the same resolution as the video recording.
- 4. What is the advantage using the new H.265 video format?
H.265 retains 50% more information than H.264, creating more detailed and vivid images.
- 5. What’s the benefit of having a mechanical shutter?
An electronic shutter may cause artifacts and distortion, such as jello, when shooting fast moving objects. A mechanical shutter prevents this and guarantees a high-quality image.
- 6. Does the Phantom 4 Pro support focus?
Tap a point on the display to focus at that point after switching from metering to focus modes. Auto focus can also be triggered by half-pressing the shutter button, before fully pressing the shutter to capture an image. Focus can be set between 1m and infinity.
- 7. What are the main features of the Phantom 4 Pro camera lens?
The Phantom 4 Pro uses a brand new camera lens optimized for aerial imaging, with an aperture range from F2.8 to F11 and a 24mm equivalent focal length. It’s equipped with a mechanical shutter and adjustable aperture range, with auto focus support.
- OBSTACLE SENSING SYSTEM
- 1. When do the infrared sensing system work during flight?
Only in Beginner mode and Tripod mode
- 2. How do the infrared sensing system work?
Available in Beginner Mode and Tripod Mode only, the infrared sensing system has a sensing field with a 70° angle horizontally and 20° angle vertically. The radiated infrared light is reflected back by obstacles, allowing the sensors to “see” them at a distance of up to 23ft (7m) by calculating the difference in projection and reflection times and using this information to create a 3D model about the environment and obstacles in it.
- 3. What improvements have been made to the Phantom 4 Pro’s obstacle sensing system?
Phantom 4 Pro’s maximum front obstacle sensing range has been extended to 98ft (30m), with the rear sensing system sharing the same capability. Additionally, the Phantom 4 Pro is equipped with infrared sensors on both sides of the aircraft, precisely detecting the distance between the aircraft and obstacles within a range of up to 23ft (7m).
- 4. Is there any difference between the front and rear obstacle sensing systems?
- REMOTE CONTROLLER
- 1. Are the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro remote controllers compatible with each other?
- 2. What’s new in the Phantom 4 Pro remote controller?
The Phantom 4 Pro is compatible with two types of controllers, standard and optional. both can switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands with a maximum controllable range of 4.3mi (7km) (Unobstructed, free of interference, FCC compliant.). Both can focus by half-pressing the shutter release button. The Phantom 4 Pro + has a 5.5-inch 1080p display, with 1000 cd/m2 brightness and built-in DJI GO 4 app. Its remote controller is also equipped with HDMI port, Micro SD slot, microphone, loudspeaker and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 3. Can I detach the integrated display from the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller?
- 4. Can I connect an iOS device or Android device to the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller to use DJI GO 4?
- 5. Does the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller have a built-in loudspeaker and microphone?
- 6. What is the resolution of the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller display?
- 7. What apps are preloaded on the Phantom 4 Pro + screen remote controller display?
Popular social media apps and DJI GO 4.
- 8. What operating system does the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller display use?
It uses a customized DJI system.
- 9. Is the remote controller’s screen display’s brightness adjusted automatically or manually?
- 10. Can I download other apps onto the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller display?
No. Currently the Phantom 4 Pro + controller does not support downloading additional third party apps.
- 11. Does the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller support Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity?
It supports Wi-Fi but not Bluetooth.
- INTELLIGENT FUNCTIONS
- 1. What new Intelligent Flight Modes are on the Phantom 4 Pro?
AR Route, TapFly Backward, TapFly Free in Tap Fly mode, Circle, Profile, and Spotlight in ActiveTrack, as well as Draw and Gesture Mode. It also supports Narrow Sensing and uses new RTH algorithms.
- 2. How is Phantom 4 Pro’s Smart Return Home improved?
The new Smart Return Home forms a map of its environment in real-time. The aircraft will choose the best flight path to return home and senses as far as 300m to avoid obstacles more effectively. If the control signal is lost, the Phantom 4 Pro will retrace its original path to regain its connection after 1-minute. When it reconnects, it will return to home following a straight route. If it fails to regain connection, it will also revert to straight line RTH.
- 3. How to use Narrow Sensing?
Set C1 or C2 as activation switch for Narrow Sensing. When flying in a complex environment, activate Narrow Sensing and the aircraft will adjust its sensing range and flying speed to fly through narrows gaps.
- PROPULSION SYSTEM
- 1. Can use Phantom 4 propellers on the Phantom 4 Pro?
- 2. How is Phantom 4 Pro’s propulsion system optimized?
It has the same Sport Mode max speed as the Phantom 4 and faster Obstacle Avoidance enabled flight, achieving 31mph (50kph).
- VIDEO TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
- 1. What is difference between Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro Lightbridge systems?
The Phantom 4 Pro uses a new dual-signal Lightbridge video transmission system. It has a transmission distance of up to 4.3mi (7km) (Unobstructed, free of interference, FCC compliant). Users can also switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz control frequencies to cut through interference.
- BATTERIES and BATTERY CHARGER
- 1. Are the Phantom 4 Pro batteries and battery charger compatible with the Phantom 4?
- 2. What is the capacity of the Phantom 4 Pro battery? How much has the flight time been extended compared to the Phantom 4?
The battery capacity is 5870mAh. It flies for two additional minutes compared to the Phantom 4.
- FIRMWARE UPGRADE
- 1. During upgrading, if the level of flight battery or controller battery drops below 50%, will the upgrading process fail?
Yes. Always use a battery with more than 50% power when upgrading.
- 2. What if battery firmware is not consistent with the upgraded aircraft?
Use DJI GO 4 to upgrade the battery firmware to the appropriate version.
Weight (including battery and propellers)
Diagonal size (excluding propellers)
Max Ascent Speed
S-mode: 6 m/s
P-mode: 5 m/s
Max Descent Speed
S-mode: 4 m/s
P-mode: 3 m/s
72 kph (S-mode)
58 kph (A-mode)
50 kph) (P-mode)
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level
0°C to 40°C
Max Flight Time
Approximately 30 minutes
1" EXMOR R Effective pixels: 20M
FOV (Field of View) 84°, 8.8 mm / 24 mm (35 mm format equivalent),
f/2.8 - f/11.
Auto focus at 1 m - ∞
Video: 100 - 3200 (Auto); 100 - 6400 (Manual)
Photo: 100 - 3200 (Auto); 100- 12800 (Manual)
Mechanical: 8 - 1/2000s
Electronic: 8 - 1/8000s
Image Max Size
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078
Still Photography Modes
Video Recording Modes
Supported SD Card Types
Micro SD, Max Capacity: 128GB.
Write speed ≥15MB/s, class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
Max Bitrate of Video Storage
Supported File Formats
0°C to 40°C
Pitch -90° to +30°
3-axis (pitch, roll, yaw)
Less than 50kph (when 2 m above ground)
0m - 10m
0m - 10m
Obstacle Sensory Range
0.7m - 30m
Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (Lux > 15)
2.400 - 2.483 GHz and 5.725 - 5.825 GHz
2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz(Unobstruoted, free of interference)
SRRC: 4 km
5.725 GHz - 5.825 GHz(Unobstruoted, free of interference)
CE: 2 km
SRRC: 4 km
6000 mAh LiPo 2S
Mobile Device Holder
For tablet or phone
Transmitter Power (EIRP)
7.4 V @ 1.2 A
Video Output Port
Mobile Device Holder
Intelligent Flight Battery
-10°C to 40°C
Max Charging Power
Infrared Sensing System
Obstacle Sensory Range
0.2 - 7m
70° (Horizontal), ±10° (Vertical)
Surface with diffuse reflection material,
and reflectivity > 8% (such as wall, trees, humans, etc.)
|Remote Control||12 Months|
|Battery||6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times|
|Gimbal Camera||6 Months|
|Propulsion system (excluding propellors)||6 Months|
|Vision Positioning System||6 Months|
|Battery Charger||6 Months|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Birdio users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.