If you want to start a serious drone business or add drones to your existing business, you need to hold a CASA RPA Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). Once issued by CASA, this certificate encompasses your business operations as a whole. You will make an application to CASA, which will include several technical manuals and documents explaining how you intend to:
- Operate your drone business
- Administer your staff
- Keep records
- Maintain currency and competency of staff (pilots and crew)
- Remain compliant with rules and regulations
- Assess and manage risk
- Maintenance procedures
- Handle dangerous good
- Drug and alcohol management plans
Total RPA can assist you prepare and manage all of the technical documents required to make application to CASA. We write all your manuals, consult with you on how your business will operate inside the rule framework, how to manage future changes to the documents along with practical advice on the day-to-day running of an Australian drone business.
We will demystify the process and give you practical, hands on knowledge and skills to help you understand how your operation will fit into the current aviation legislation, and give you the most powerful tool for ANY business — knowledge!
CASA RPA Operator’s Certificate application steps:
- You provide Total RPA with your information:
- Business details
- Operational details
- Staff details
- Drone types
- Equipment specs
- We produce:
- Operations manual + all appendix’s and technical documents
- Operational Library
- Our team make application to CASA (or a delegate) for your ReOC
- We provide training on administration (use of the manuals)
- We provide training and preparation for the CASA final assessment
- You are assessed by CASA (or a delegate) and interviewed in relation to your operations
- CASA issue your RPA Operator’s Certificate
- You start earning money!
- Once you provide Total RPA with the information, we will make application within 2 weeks.
- CASA will take 2-4 Months to process your application, the delegate will take 4-6 weeks if you chose that option.
- You need to nominate a Chief Controller, and that person must hold a validCASA Remote Pilot Licence.
- You must nominate a chief maintenance provider. That person can be you or someone else.
- You will be charged a fee of between $1700-$2000 by CASA or the delegate to process your application
Total RPA can handle the entire process electronically, with no need for face-to-face time.
Total RPA will assess your ReOC application on an individual basis and apply a fee according to how complex your application will be. For a typical operation involving an off the shelf drone (Inspire 1, DJI S1000 for example) our fees are $1190 Inc GST, with package deals available when combining the CASA Remote Pilot Licence training.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I prepare an application for an RPA Operator’s Certificate on my own?
- Yes, you can. CASA will send you a generic operations manual, which you can fill in and submit. The problem is, if you don’t have a background in technical document preparation you will be applying to CASA by trial and error, which will lead to significant delays and extra costs to you. The documents will need to be at a very mature standard before CASA will accept the application and move it through the system.
- Is there a CASA test involved with the ReOC?
- No, if you have gained your RePL through our training course, there is no further written testing through CASA. There is an interview conducted over the phone which we thoroughly prepare you for.
- Will Total RPA help me prepare for the assessment phase?
- Absolutely. Total RPA will help you prepare for all aspects of the assessment by providing you with:
- Clear, understandable goals and objectives
- Consulting and coaching on all documents and manuals
- Industry training packages including, CASA, ICAO, compliance and administration
- Practical flight testing assistance
- How quickly can we get this done?
A. Our team can have your documents prepared and submitted in as little as 14 working days, once all your information has been provided.
- There are several companies offering a similar service, why should I use Total RPA instead of another company.
A. Experience, integrity and professionalism. Those are our core principles. Experience gained through 20 years in the aviation Industry, working, flying and instructing, means we have the background and know how to get things done. Anything is possible, and we relish a challenge.
Integrity, with a proven track record providing top notch services and training to countless companies and individuals right around Australia, Total RPA has a personnel and professional integrity second to none.